Happy summer to you and yours=) We’re enjoying the warmth of the season and the beauty of Lancaster County.
Around here, we love summertime with it’s traditions & local goodness- and today we’d like to share a favorite recipe with you!
Here’s the recipe promised in our nifty email newsletter..This dessert can be made anytime, but it’s better with fresh fruit and homemade ice-cream & always worth the wait!
Delicious Berry Peach Cobbler with Sugared Almonds
( recipe credit: Cooking Light July 2009 issue
baking credit: the best chef in town- Becky Lapp )
18 ounces fresh blueberries
18 ounces fresh blackberries
3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 & 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup half & half
Cherry on top: (Last but not least!)
1/3 cup sliced almonds
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon egg white
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare filling by combining the berries and peaches in a 13×9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the fruit with 2/3 cup sugar, 2 & 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, lemon juice and salt.
3. Prepare topping by combining flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Stir well and add butter pieces. Continue to stir and add the half & half, gently kneed dough until moistened. Drop the topping mixture by spoonfuls evenly over the fruit filling.
4. Combine almonds, sugar and egg white & sprinkle over the topping.
5. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes & let stand another 10 minutes before serving with ice-cream.
6. Enjoy!! =)
Contact us to be added to our email newsletter & be in the know about local events, store news, furniture info and more!